2. ONLINE SERVICES
Ownership of Intellectual Property
All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, videos, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including, but not limited to, the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, and arrangement of other Content, which is contained on the Online Services is owned, controlled, or licensed by or to Quavo, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent, and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. By granting you access to and use of the Online Services, Quavo does not transfer any ownership rights in any Content found on the Online Services, and by furnishing information and materials through the Online Services, Quavo does not grant any licenses to any copyrights, patents, or any other intellectual property rights.
The Online Services may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
Procedure for Claims of Copyright Infringement
Quavo respects the copyrights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted material is posted on any of the Online Services without your permission, please contact our CFO with the following information:
- your mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you believe is infringed;
- a description of the material on the Online Services that you believe to be infringing your copyrighted work and its location, with enough detail so that we are able to locate it on the Online Services;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in the notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or are authorized to act on behalf of that owner; and
- your physical or electronic signature.
Our CFO can be reached at:
Dan Penne, CFO
Note that there are legal consequences for filing a fraudulent or bad faith copyright take-down notice or counter-notice, so you should be sure that all of the information that you are attesting to is accurate before submitting it to our CFO.
Accuracy of Content
You acknowledge that Quavo has no duty or obligation to keep any Content on the Online Services accurate, current, or complete and agree that your reliance on any such Content is at your own risk. Although Quavo makes best efforts to maintain the accuracy of the Online Services, it does not represent or warrant that they are error-free.
Operation of the Online Services
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to do any of the following, at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability: (1) refuse, restrict, modify, suspend, or terminate operation of or your access to the Online Services, or any portion of the Online Services; (2) modify or change the Online Services, or any portion of the Online Services; and (3) interrupt the regular operation of the Online Services, or any portion of the Online Services, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, to correct errors, or to make other changes to the Online Services. We may also make improvements or changes in the products or programs described in the Online Services at any time without notice.
3. USE OF ONLINE SERVICES
You understand that all information, data, or other materials that you or another user provide in connection with the Online Services or otherwise communicate to us, including, but not limited to, content you provide using our e-mail services, social groups, forums, communities, calendars, and other messaging or other functions designed to enable you to post information to the Online Services or to communicate with others through the Online Services (“User-Provided Content”), is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such User-Provided Content originated. This means that you, and not us, are responsible for all User-Provided Content that you publish, post, upload, distribute, disseminate, or otherwise make available in connection with the Online Services. We do not control, monitor, or endorse User-Provided Content and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of any User-Provided Content. You understand that by using the Online Services, you may be exposed to User-Provided Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User-Provided Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any User-Provided Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the publication or use of any User-Provided Content published, posted, uploaded, distributed, disseminated, or otherwise made available in connection with the Online Services.
Quavo does not want to receive confidential, proprietary, or sensitive personal information from you through the Online Services. Please note that with the exception of submitted web-support requests and collaboration in Account-specific communities, any User-Provided Content you have submitted is NOT confidential. Always use caution when including any confidential, proprietary, or sensitive personally identifiable information through User-Provided Content that you submit, keeping in mind that Quavo and in some instances other users of the Online Services will have access to your User-Provided Content.
Grant of License
Quavo reserves the right to use, review, change, condense, or delete any User-Provided Content, or to refuse to post any User-Provided Content on the Online Services, in its sole discretion. Quavo does not guarantee that you will be able to edit or delete any User-Provided Content you have submitted.
You agree to comply with all laws and regulations applicable to your use of the Online Services. You agree not to publish, post, upload, distribute or otherwise make available any User-Provided Content:
- containing a solicitation of funds, a promotion, an advertisement, a solicitation to purchase goods or services, a solicitation of other users to use, join, or become a member of any commercial service or other organization, or any other commercial matter, unless the Online Service at issue specifically allows such User-Provided Content;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising);
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate, or misleading or that is in our sole discretion harmful, threatening, abusive, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, obscene, obscene as to minors, pornographic, racist, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, indecent, unlawful, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party or that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); or
- that contains software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- abide by policies of third party channels and social media properties where Quavo maintains a branded presence.
In addition, you agree not to:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any User-Provided Content transmitted in connection with the Online Services;
- create a false identity or create an Account for anyone other than yourself without permission;
- install any software, file, or code that is not authorized by the user of a computer or device or that assumes control of all or any part of the processing performed by a computer or device without the authorization of the user of the computer or device;
- take any action that interferes with the proper working of the Online Services, compromises the security of the Online Services, or otherwise damages the Online Services or any materials and information available through the Online Services or violates any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Online Service;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Online Services, to any other systems or networks connected to the Online Services, to any of our servers, or to any of the services offered on or through the Online Services, including, but not limited to, by hacking, password “mining”, or any other unauthorized means;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Online Services or any network connected to the Online Services or bypass the authentication measures on the Online Services or any network connected to the Online Services;
- use any automated means to collect information or content from or otherwise access the Online Services, including, but not limited to, through the use of technical tools known as robots, spiders, or scrapers, without our prior permission;
- falsify, delete, or modify any copyright management information or other program markings or notice of Quavo’s proprietary rights, such as author attributions, legal notices, proprietary designations, or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded to the Online Services;
- harvest or otherwise collect and store information about other users of the Online Services, including e-mail addresses; or
- use, download, copy, or otherwise provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Online Services or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
Any materials uploaded to the Online Services may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction, and/or dissemination; you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you wish to use, reproduce, or disseminate the materials.
Certain areas of the Online Services may contain formal and informal documentation relating to Quavo’s products, along with materials drafted by third parties. Any Quavo warranties as to its products’ conformance with specifications and documentation that may be found in your software license agreement apply ONLY TO the documentation that is provided to you in conjunction with the product. In the event of a conflict between formal documentation found on the Online Services and formal documentation provided to you with your product, the latter shall prevail.
By virtue of participation in certain areas of the Online Services, you may have access to information that is confidential to Quavo (“Confidential Information”). “Confidential Information” shall mean all confidential and proprietary information of Quavo, including, but not limited to, all ideas, techniques, models, inventions, know-how, processes, software programs, source code, trade secrets, and works of authorship relating to our current, future, and proposed products and services; customer, employee, and supplier lists; and any and all Content (including User-Provided Content) published on the Online Services by Quavo or any user. As used herein, Confidential Information shall not include information that: (a) is or becomes a part of the public domain through no act or omission of a user; (b) was in a user’s lawful possession prior to the disclosure and had not been obtained by the user either directly or indirectly from Quavo; or (c) is lawfully disclosed to a user by a third party without restriction on disclosure.
You shall ensure that the same degree of care is used to prevent the unauthorized use, dissemination, or publication of the Confidential Information as you use to protect your own confidential information of a like nature, but in no event shall the safeguards for protecting such Confidential Information be less than a reasonably prudent business would exercise under similar circumstances. You shall take prompt and appropriate action to prevent unauthorized use or disclosure of such Confidential Information.
Registration and Passwords
The Online Services may permit or require you to register or obtain a password prior to permitting you to access certain portions of the Online Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login ID and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your login ID or Account. Your password(s) are user-specific and may only be used by you. You agree to: (a) notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your login ID, password, or Account, or any other breach of security involving access to the Online Services through your Account; and (b) log out of your Account at the end of each session.
You acknowledge and agree that you cannot and will not attempt to hold us, our suppliers, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, third-party service providers, and our respective employees, contractors, agents, officers, and directors responsible for any liability, claims, or expenses arising from your failure to comply with this section.
5. YOUR PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US
When you provide information about yourself to us, such as when you create an Account or through the careers portion of the Online Services, you agree to: (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about yourself and your employer, and not to provide information that attempts to impersonate another individual; and (b) maintain and promptly update such information to keep it accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any such information that is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, we retain the right to suspend or terminate any Account you establish and/or to refuse any or all current or future use of the Online Services or any portion thereof.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND ONLINE SERVICES
The Online Services may contain links to third-party websites and applications for your convenience and information. Quavo does not control those third-party websites and applications, and we do not endorse or make any representations about those third-party websites and applications. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of such websites and applications that are not under our control, and that you will not hold us responsible for any harm that may arise based on your access to or use of any linked website or application.
7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE ONLINE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. THE ONLINE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE ONLINE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. QUAVO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION AND CONTENT INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE ONLINE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, CURRENT, COMPLETE, OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE ONLINE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE ONLINE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT ANY REPORTED PROBLEMS MAY BE RESOLVED WITH THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION THAT QUAVO PROVIDES THROUGH THE ONLINE SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE ONLINE SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
Notices or Communication
Revision date: January 7, 2021